Ownership of the Royalty Cinema
The Royalty was originally owned by Selly Oak Pictures Ltd and then ABC Cinemas in 1935. The Official Copy of the register of title states that the property is owned by True Pearl Limited (Incorporated in Mauritious) and was bought for £1,500,000 on the 6th January 2015. The planning application by Hutchinson 3G UK Ltd for the radio mast provides the following information under ‘Owner’: True Pearl Ltd c/o Black Pearl UK, The Mill House, 108-110 Coppermill Road, Wraysbury, Middlesex, TW19 5NS. At discussions in Harborne along with other local interest groups and at a public consultation we have met with Mr Christopher Pengilly and Mr Parminder Singh. Mr Singh is listed as a Director of several companies registered at the Coppermill Road address.